Abaddon, the Source of the Affliction
|AI Type||Abaddon, the Source of the Affliction AI|
|Damage||85 / 100|
|Max Life||300,000 / 400,000|
The brightest light casts the darkest shadows...
Abaddon, the Source of the Affliction is a Post-Moon Lord boss fought at night on the Surface. The boss has multiple forms, each more powerful than the last.
- Flies towards the player.
- Fires several despair runes at the player.
- Fires gravity-affected despair fire in quantities of eight.
- Summons unique Nightmare Spirits which attempt to float above the player and fire smaller despair runes.
Upon reaching 300,000 life, Abaddon disappears and spawns a group of 20 Despair Adversaries. These will attempt to float around the player.
Upon defeating all twenty Despair Adversaries, Abaddon will reappear and phase 2 will begin.
- Quickly attempts to fly towards the player.
- Rapidly fires homing despair runes.
- Quickly fires volatile fire, which moves for a short time before halting and exploding after a short time.
- Summons Nightmare Guardians.
- Stands still for a few seconds, creating a ring of 6 purple fire-like projectiles, which will then spin and be released.
Upon reaching 100,000 life, Abaddon will disappear again and create a ring of Nightmare Souls, which will circle the player and fire despair spikes. Leaving this ring will inflict the Nightmare Fog debuff, killing the player swiftly.
Upon defeating all Nightmare Souls, Abaddon will reappear and phase 3, the final phase, will begin.
- Fires homing despair runes extremely quickly.
- Extremely quickly attempts to fly towards the player.
- Very quickly fires volatile fire in quantities of twelve.
- Fires despair fire into the air at a quick pace.
- Creates the ring of purple fire without stopping.
- Fires large despair orbs which split into four other despair orbs after moving a short distance.
- Summons Nightmare Spirits.
In True Mode
- Fires projectiles at higher speeds.
- A second ring of Nightmare Souls orbit him in subphase 2.
- Minions also appear in phase 3.
|Nightmare Guardian||Subphase 1 and Phase 2 (Phase 3 in True Mode)|
|Nightmare Soul||Subphase 2|
- Upon defeating Abaddon for the first time, Oblivion Shards will spawn underground and the Flame Razed Forest and Fiery Caves will generate on the side of the world where the Dungeon spawned.
- Abaddon, the Source of the Affliction's theme is Insomnia, which was composed by the artist Lordcakespy.
- Abaddon's title used to be the Emissary of Nightmares. This was changed in the 22.214.171.124 update.
- 126.96.36.199: Renamed from Abaddon, the Emissary of Nightmares to Abaddon, the Source of the Affliction.
- 188.8.131.52: Reduced the amount of spikes in the Nightmare Soul miniphase.
- 1.0.5: Completely redone.
- 0.23.3: Sprite changed.
- 0.20.0: Revamped.
- 0.10.0: Introduced.