Araneas is a Hardmode boss that can be summoned after breaking a Mysterious Statue in the Empress' Den. She is meant to be fought before the Mech Bosses.
Araneas has two phases, the second one triggers once her health falls below 50%.
- Araneas creeps towards the player and attempts to deal contact damage, when executing an attack she will stand still.
- Fires a spread of web spit towards the player that has a chance to inflict Webbed.
- Fires a spread of venom that can inflict Venom.
- Fires bouncing web balls that persist for some time and have a chance to inflict Webbed.
- Breathes venom clouds that pass through walls and inflict Venom.
- All venom attacks convert to red venom versions and have a chance to inflict Red Venom.
- Dark Rush: Every 10 attacks, she will teleport around the den and run around, damaging the player when colliding with them.
- Trying to escape the biome while fighting her will inflict the Empress' Presence debuff after a 5 second warning period, blinding the player and draining health extremely quickly.
- The song that plays during the battle is Arachnophobia, composed by LordCakeSpy.
- The word "Araneas" is likely a reference to the Aranea, which is a genus of orb-weaving spiders.
- Now summoned with the Mysterious Statue instead of the Mysterious Egg.
- Health decreased from 45,000 / 90,000
- No longer summons Red Stalkers.
- 1.1: Introduced.