The Decree is a Pre-Hardmode boss fought in the Snow biome after the Eye of Cthulhu has been defeated.
The Decree Can spawn by killing a Mysterious Frozen Creature in the Snow biome during a blizzard, or by using a Frost Rune at any time of day.
The Decree has two phases. The second phase will activate once the first phase reaches 0 health.
- Chases the player.
- Occasionally stops and either spawns icicles above himself and the player or fires 3 blasts of multiple freezing waves toward the player.
- Once the first phase reaches 0 HP, the Decree will run on all four of his legs, as well as speed up, and chase the player even faster.
- Jumps up high, and releases a wave of frost explosions away from him when he lands.
- At about 25% HP, he will start passively spawning small waves of falling icicles without stopping.
- If spawning the Decree by killing the Mysterious Frozen Creature, keep your distance while attacking it, as the Decree can speed up very fast after being spawned
- Having rocket boots or its upgrades and/or a balloon or its upgrades to give you a bit of time you can spend airborne, will make the second phase a bit easier.
- The Decree's theme is Frigid Predator, which was composed by artist Turquoise.
- 1.1.1: Nerfed its total health from 6,000 / 12,000 to 3,250 / 6,500.
- 1.1: Introduced.